Anyone who is looking for a puzzle game, use your brain to challenge yourself with High Score, but can also enjoy playing, I highly recommend this game! “ Dorfromantik ”, an indie puzzle game from German developer Toukana Interactive.
Other articles you may be interested in
Dorfromantik is a Puzzle Strategy game with an interesting concept. By connecting 6-sided blocks to expand the floor, similar to a jigsaw puzzle and collect as many points as you can. Which this is not that blocks can be placed anywhere, but there are conditions and quests that await us! The blocks that we get are all random, and there are villages, forests, meadows, waters, railways and stone slabs. We have to place blocks next to each other to collect points, which will have quests for us to do to get new blocks added too.
We have to place the blocks so that the same sides collide in order to get the most points (maximum 60 points), such as village blocks colliding with villages, forest blocks collide with the forest. Not only that, some blocks come with quests that require you to place certain blocks such as placing blocks with 5-10 houses or more, or placing 7 train tracks next to each other.
Which these quests, the more you play, the more difficult it will be. The size that the number that must be placed next to each other can be up to 500+!
The more blocks you place on the “matching” part, the more points and blocks you get. At the same time, if placing blocks that are incompatible, you will get less points or may not get both points and new blocks added at all. Of course, if all blocks gone = Game Over!
And if we can place blocks to expand, there is also a chance to meet new themed city blocks as well.
Different playing modes in Dorfromantik
This game has a total of 6 modes, the method of playing is not much different. It is only different from playing conditions.
- Tutorial Tutorial mode, learn all the systems in the game here and we can always come back and play.
- Classic Mode. Keep playing and collect statistics until the block runs out. It can unlock new blocks at this mode.
- Creative Mode In this mode, you will have infinity block and can continue indefinitely. (but the blocks still come randomly) focusing on playing for chill long time. Any kind of blocks can be placed by your creative. Plus, you can save it and come back to play again.
- Quick Mode This mode focuses on fast games. Limited number of blocks, received Score as many points as you can in each round.
- Hard Mode for hard mode, less number of quests, but placing blocks is more complicated.
- Month Mode: Play like Quick Game mode, get the highest score each month.
- Custom Mode In this mode, we can set various settings of the game and can share it with others. you can also play your game settings too.
Controlling the game is easy and simple. You can use the mouse + W, A, S, and D Keyboard Button together, or anyone who wants to play with one hand, drag the mouse around can do it as well.
The graphics are not something to worry about. Because the game does not consume that much Spec. You can adjust everything to High Quality and can play comfortably.
Personally, what I really like is the animation in the game where we can see the boat sailing down the river or sit and watch the train run along the tracks that we have laid. The game is so fun that before I know it again, 2-3 hours have already passed, haha.
All of it, this game is a puzzle game that is suitable for both players who want a challenge and chill people who want a game to kill time. The game comes with beautiful and cute graphics and relaxing soundtrack. At first play, you may enjoy until you forget the time, but if playing together for a long time may start to feel bland because the game has the same repeating pattern and nothing new. Anyone interested can go buy it on PC via Steam for only 229 baht. Or anyone who is a console player, it’s available on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, it’s also sell in the form of a board game too!